Not THAT person!

Saturday, March 6, 2021

Photo by Sven Mieke on Unsplash

That picture above? Absolutely not me!




Gained the weight back. Again. 


Here I stand 47, wearing the same 15 pounds I painstakingly took off two years ago. Now, this didn't bring me to my ideal weight. It did, however, take me out of the "obese" category down to just "overweight" and meant that I no longer needed to crunch antacids all day long to keep from keeling over dead with pain.

For accountability's sake, I felt going all public on a blog is the way to go. Now, I don't plan to share this with friends and family until success is WELL underway. Frankly, I am M O R T I F I E D by my before pictures, posture loose, stomach hanging. Yes, hanging. I have given birth to six babies and my stomach is not what it used to be. Even when I lose weight, there's no telling what my stomach s going to look like.

I want to lose weight for a few reasons.


 First of all,

 I am hoping to increase my energy levels. While some people want to calm down and relax, I love the feeling of energy and excitement. A lot of times I just don't "finish the job" during housework/renovation projects, because my body just declares it. is. done. I shy away from the outdoor activities I enjoy because dragging along three kids and the gear they need is just too much. I get tired just thinking about it. 

Second,

I want to look better. Noone likes clutching their cardigan tight on a warm day to hide their belly, or wearing uncomfortable shapewear because the back fat rolls are just too much for their blouse of choice.
I want people to look at me and think...nothing. I don't want my body size to even enter their mind. I just want them to see healthy and active when they see me. I wish for my weight to be a non-issue.


So what's the plan, Stan?


I don't want to be a gym rat. I have prejudices against this stereotype in my head of a man/woman who spends their time working on their muscles and talks in detail about triceps and quads and thinks discussing keto meals is cool. I don't want to read less so I can go for a walk. The people I love, like books and thoughts, and staring quietly off into the distance. They don't throw on spandex and go hit the weights, and get excited about four mile runs. Please, God, don't let me THAT person! But let me figure out how to look good.

Anyway, I plan to gradually increase my activity levels while also counting calories and restricting them to a level which avoids excessive hunger, but allows weight loss.

So!let's get this thing going!





Comments

I'm back!

Fishing with my boy! It's not just New Years!  It isn't like I made a New Year's Resolution to get back on track. It's more ...