I'm back!

Sunday, January 2, 2022


Fishing with my boy!



It's not just New Years!

 It isn't like I made a New Year's Resolution to get back on track. It's more like-this is my only decent break of length in the middle of the year, and why not? 

So I had gotten down to about 175 last summer and then slowly the weight started creeping up again. Now I wasn't weighing myself to see this. It is more like, my clothes started getting tight around the waist again. You just sort of know. And when it gets to the point where you don't even WANT to weight yourself (kind of like when you don't want to check your bank account after a spending spree), I knew I was in trouble.

What happened?

  1. I just got bored with low carb. My back teeth are less than optimal and eating meat gets painful sometimes. Plus I just was so tired of not being able to just eat without thinking so hard.
  2. Baking! I love baking in the fall and winter. Pumpkin bread, cookies, had-a-bad-day brownies. All of it!
  3. Work. I just crave treats at my day job and working in a school-there are usually treats.


Getting Back on Track


Anyway, I got really, really into The Vampire Diaries (this is why I protect my energy so much and am so cautious as to what I actually get into-there is only enough time to obsess over one thing at a time). Anyway, Nina Dobrev's (obviously quite young) body was amazing, and I found myself craving a tiny waist and thigh gap. Which isn't my body shape anyway, but whatever. Then I read that she liked to work out a lot (I am nothing if not obsessive), and suddenly I wanted to be someone who worked out. 

And here I am! Tired of the indigestion. Tired of the tight waistbands and muffin top. I am back on track!

Now let's chat about alcohol. It has been killing me-not from drunkeness, but from having a glass or two of calories not calculated and the fact that alcohol makes me want to snack. So finally this morning, I poured out the leftover champagne from New Years' Eve, and threw the wine box from Christmas out. It has 34 glasses. Noone else had any (they brought their own), and I cannot see finishing the box within the recommended 2-3 weeks and still considering myself a healthy person. 

I have been doing a weighted hula hoop, and want to step that up. I have been doing 5 to 10 minutes about twice a week. I plan to step it up to 15 minutes every other day. Also, I bought a 15 pound dumbbell on a whim. I found a workout to do with that, and plan to do that every other day. I am only doing about 3-4 exercises with it-I don't quite feel ready for planks, and I NEVER feel secure doing lunges, though I might include one lunge exercise.

These are movements I am doing with my dumbbell.



I bought a jump rope, but am struggling with that. Really at this point, if I could do 3 minutes a day, yes 3, I would be proud.

I have a yoga mat and have been doing a short morning routine about once or twice a week. Really I would like to step that up to 5 times a week. I can worry about increasing length and difficulty later.

The biggest challenge at this point will be awareness of what I am snacking on. It's easy to eat healthy meals. It is much hard to not snack on bits of this and that and not give into bored nighttime eating. If I can beat that for a few days, I will on track. 

Weight and measurements tomorrow!

Comments

I'm back!

Fishing with my boy! It's not just New Years!  It isn't like I made a New Year's Resolution to get back on track. It's more ...